Webster Art Gallery

Watercolor by Henry Beadel painted in 1896 and displayed in the Beadel House parlor.

Watercolor by Henry Beadel painted in 1896 and displayed in the Beadel House parlor.

Tall Timbers opened the Webster Art Gallery in the historic Beadel House in September 2014. The second floor gallery exhibits watercolors from the Tallahassee Area Watercolor Society (TAWS) three times each year. Henry Beadel, who bequeathed his property to establish Tall Timbers Research Station, was not only a conservationist but he was also a watercolorist, so this venue is a good match for the use of this space in his former home.

One of the gallery rooms displays the watercolor paintings of Tallahassee artist Eluster Richardson, which were commissioned for the interpretative exhibit panels created for the Jones Family Tenant Farm. These are part of Tall Timbers permanent collection. The collection also includes the watercolors by George M. Sutton used for the book Georgia Birds. Look for an exhibit of these this fall.

Watercolor, Plowing with Mules by Eluster Richardson was commissioned for the Jones Family Tenant Farm exhibits.

Watercolor, Plowing with Mules by Eluster Richardson was commissioned for the Jones Family Tenant Farm exhibits.

The Webster Art Gallery has been named in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Robert C. Webster Jr. for their many decades of service and contributions to Tall Timbers; they are recognized by a plaque that has been placed at the entrance to the second floor gallery.

The gallery is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4 PM, and during Tall Timbers monthly open house. Click here for the open house schedule.

LPelc_Belle_web           K-Menke_EastChopLight_web           YMurdick_JacksonSquare_web

The above paintings are in the Spring 2016 exhibit, which has a vacation theme. From left to right, Belle by Linda Pelc, East Chop Light by Ken Menke and Jackson Square by Yoshiko Murdick.