The Boston Place Associate Hunt and Livestock Manager will have the responsibility to support all aspects of the hunting and livestock operations of Boston Place. He or she will be responsible for continuing to build a culture of collaboration and engagement among the staff, and contributing to maintaining an environment that offers a high level of service to the family and other guests who visit Boston Place.
The Associate Hunt and Livestock Manager will report to the Hunt and Livestock Manager.
Responsibilities of the Associate Hunt and Livestock Manager – The Associate Hunt and Livestock Manager of Boston Place will have the following primary responsibilities.
• Caring for the health and well-being of all hunting dogs, horses and mules on the property.
• Caring for puppies and training derbies, under the supervision of the Hunt and Livestock Manager, and assisting in the training of all dogs in the string as needed, in keeping with the candidate’s knowledge and skill level.
• Supporting the Boston Place land and game management programs, including:
o Quail feed planting program, game feeding program, predator control program, water resource management and field management.
o Annual preparation of the woods for the bobwhite quail hunting season.
o Annual preparation of the property’s duck pond and dove fields.
o Mowing roads as needed throughout the year.
o Cleaning up the woods as needed.
• Assisting, where and when needed, in the maintenance of all of the property’s physical plant, facilities and equipment.
• Helping to ensure the best experience for family and their guests whenever they are on the premises.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. References will be required.