This position with Tall Timbers Albany Quail Project (AQP) includes a work vehicle, on-site housing, and medical benefits after a probationary period. This is a seasonal position that will begin in January 2024 and last through the end of April 2024. Location is the field office in Baker County, Georgia on a privately-owned quail hunting plantation. This position provides field support for research and monitoring program focused exclusively on wild quail that has been ongoing since 1992. This position will include the following responsibilities with priority and time allotted by AQP Biologist:
• Primary responsibility is capturing, radio-tagging, and monitoring a sample of radio-tagged bobwhite quail on an intensively-managed bobwhite quail hunting plantation.
• Monitoring quail activity and movement related to on-going studies including crippling loss and covey-hunter interaction studies.
• Assist with capturing and transporting wild quail for on-going translocation projects.
• Responsible for proper collection and storage of data related to telemetry activities and providing the director/biologist with regular updates on demographics and habitat use.
• Others duties as assigned by supervisor.