Vol 6 | No 2 | August 2013
Director of Development and Marketing
Tall Timbers Research Station & Land Conservancy
The Director of Development and Marketing will plan, implement and coordinate the full range of development activities at Tall Timbers including: annual giving, grant writing, major gift solicitations, special project fundraising and coordinate all special event fundraisers. Additionally, the position will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing program aimed at increasing the visibility and reach of Tall Timbers across several mediums.
- Plan, cultivate and implement the annual membership program to increase individual giving, including donor cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Prospect, vet and cultivate foundation and agency grant opportunities that further Tall Timbers’ mission and purpose
- Manage and coordinate all special event fundraisers of the Tall Timbers Foundation
- Develop and maintain a planned giving program including estate planning and bequests
- Coordinate all special project fundraising needs (capital campaigns, corporate giving program, program specific giving)
- Integrate a strategic marketing process and plan through branding, messaging, social media and other traditional sources
- Collaborate with all aspects of the organization to deliver messaging that will increase visibility and financial support
- Provide coordination and leadership support to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and Development Committee of the Tall Timbers Foundation
- Experience in development and/or marketing
- Demonstrated track record designing and executing major gift fundraising initiatives
- An understanding and knowledge of southwest Georgia and north Florida a plus
- Must share a passion for conservation of natural resources
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate to a wide audience of constituents
- Strong team management experience – must work collaboratively with others;
- Creative writing skills, social media development experience, and visual artistic management skills required to direct, design and produce a full suite of collateral marketing materials and public relations information consistent with the mission of Tall Timbers
- Demonstrated conceptual skills, analytical capabilities and creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to sensitive and confidential issues a must
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or non-profit management required
About Tall Timbers:
Tall Timbers Research Station and Land Conservancy is a charitable, non-profit ecological research station and conservation land trust founded in 1958 on the 4,000 acre Tall Timbers property in rural Leon County, Florida. The mission of Tall Timbers Research Station & Land Conservancy is to foster exemplary land stewardship through research, conservation & education.
Our primary research focus is the ecology of fire and natural resource management especially bobwhite quail and other wildlife in southeastern pine systems. Our conservation efforts are dedicated to helping protect the distinctive rural Red Hills landscape of south Georgia and north Florida and selected strategic properties outside this region. Our education program transfers research, land management and conservation information to enhance natural resource management on private and public lands.
Candidates should send resume and cover letter to: Bill Palmer, Ph.D., President, Tall Timbers 13093 Henry Beadel Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32312 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, phone calls cannot be accepted.