Vol 6 | No 2 | August 2013
LUNCH & LEARN
Third Land Managers Luncheon scheduled August 23
Application of Herbicides for Vegetation Management is the topic of Tall Timbers third Land Managers Luncheon. The discussion will begin at 9:00 a.m. in the Komarek Science Education Center (the Barn), Friday, August 23.
Mark Atwater with Weed Control Unlimited, Inc., will lead the discussion on herbicide applications and their integration into wildlife habitat management. To be discussed before lunch:
- Differences in herbicide types and treatments;
- Types and uses of various application techniques;
- Combatting unwanted noxious weeds with chemical and mechanical management;
- Important considerations when using herbicides for vegetation management;
- Objective-based vegetation management;
- Best practices for groundcover restoration start-finish.
A short field tour will follow lunch.
Space is limited. To reserved your seat, contact Lisa Baggett at 850.893.4153, x241 or email: email@example.com. The event is free for Tall Timbers members; cost for non-members is $25.
For more information you can download a flyer about the Land Managers Luncheon.