IN THIS ISSUE...
- Tall Timbers Receives Preservation Award
- Archaeologist L. Ross Morrell Passes
- Suncoast Connector Toll Road August Update
RESEARCH & LAND MANAGEMENT
- Targeted Management Reduces Wildfire Risk
- Red Hills Program to Control Feral Swine
- Tall Timbers and Southern Fire Exchange Partnership
- Frequent Fire and Hardwood Encroachment
- Newly Described Species Found at Tall Timbers
- Quail Hatch Report
Summer 2020 | Vol 13 | No 3
Tall Timbers Awarded a Grant from Park Cities Quail Coalition
Tall Timbers’ Game Bird Program is honored to be a 2020 Park Cities Quail Coalition grant recipient in the amount of $75,000. The grant will fund work to restore bobwhite quail in East Texas, by working cooperatively with landowners to manage habitat and reintroduce wild quail.
Tall Timbers received a generous endowment gift to help establish a research and management program in East Texas. In addition, we have been fortunate to have a future translocation site identified, and habitat work has begun with support from a private landowner. The Parks Cities Quail Coalition grant provides critical gap funding to help jump start our conservation work in East Texas, while we complete the endowment goal to support a scientist position in the region!
This year, Park Cities Quail Coalition raised over $1.9 million, which has allowed them to distribute grants totaling $1.5 million to organizations like Tall Timbers. Indeed, their “grant will make a difference we can all celebrate.”
Thank you Park Cities Quail Coalition!