IN THIS ISSUE...
- Webster Gallery - Scenes from the Red Hills
- Thinning pines and removal of upland hardwoods
- Carolina Regional Quail Project Field Day
- Tall Timbers’ Bobwhite Quail Management Handbook Published
- Kate Ireland Memorial Auction & Dinner
RESEARCH & LAND MANAGEMENT
- Digging Up Some New Dirt on One of Our Most Reclusive Animals — the Pocket Gopher
- Blowdown event of longleaf pine in the Red Hills creates opportunity for better understanding carbon storage by old trees
- Fire Frequency Effects on Soil Carbon
- Above average adult bobwhite survival sets stage for good late season hatch
Summer 2017 | Vol 10 | No 3
Scenes from the Red Hills IV at the Webster Gallery
The fall exhibit at Tall Timbers’ Webster Gallery has traditionally been paintings set in our Red Hills region. This year over 20 artists have submitted more than 30 paintings dealing with some of the plants, animals, buildings, and activities in this South Georgia and north Florida setting. Make plans to see what these talented and imaginative artists have displayed in the second floor Beadel House gallery.*
The exhibit will open September 10, 2017, and will remain up until November 10, 2017. There will be a “Meet the Artists” reception on Sunday, September 10 from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. at the historic Beadel House.
*There is currently no lift to the second floor, the gallery must be accessed by stairs. Gallery hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. during the exhibit.
Below is a selection from the upcoming exhibit. Hover over the image with your cursor for the name of the artist/painting.