IN THIS ISSUE...
- Webster Gallery - Scenes from the Red Hills
- Thinning pines and removal of upland hardwoods
- Carolina Regional Quail Project Field Day
- Tall Timbers’ Bobwhite Quail Management Handbook Published
- Kate Ireland Memorial Auction & Dinner
RESEARCH & LAND MANAGEMENT
- Digging Up Some New Dirt on One of Our Most Reclusive Animals — the Pocket Gopher
- Blowdown event of longleaf pine in the Red Hills creates opportunity for better understanding carbon storage by old trees
- Fire Frequency Effects on Soil Carbon
- Above average adult bobwhite survival sets stage for good late season hatch
Summer 2017 | Vol 10 | No 3
NOW ON SALE
Tall Timbers’ Bobwhite Quail Management Handbook Published
“The Tall Timbers’ Bobwhite Quail Management Handbook is an essential tool for anyone wanting to understand the ecology and management of bobwhites in their eastern range. The authors have done an excellent job of distilling years of scientific investigation, involving thousands of bobwhites, into an easy to understand, but comprehensive guide of best practices for bobwhite management.”
Edited by William E. Palmer and D. Clay Sisson. Published by Tall Timbers Press; 160 pages; 7 x 10. Hardback: $30.00. For more about the book and to purchase, click here.