IN THIS ISSUE...
- Tall Timbers Publishes New Book
- Tall Timbers Scientists Keynote Two Regional Fire Science Workshops
- Swedish Fire Scientists and Managers Visit
- Fire Festival Returns
RESEARCH & LAND MANAGEMENT
- Quail Hatch Report
- The Season of Past Fires: Insights from a Study of Tree-growth Patterns
- Map of Fire Occurrence a Critical Need for Conservation
- New Stoddard Bird Lab Internship Funded
Fall 2017 | Vol 10 | No 4
Tall Timbers Particpates and Benefits from Kevin’s Southern Game Fair
Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel held its 2nd Southern Game Fair Friday, November 10, at Greenwood Plantation Campus in Thomasville, Georgia. There were dog and fly fishing demonstrations, helicopter and wagon rides, and the veterans present were honored for their service in recognition of Veterans’ Day.
Tall Timbers was there with its outreach animals, which were a big hit with the kids. Dr. Bill Palmer, Tall Timbers’ President/CEO spoke during lunch about the Red Hills region and the importance of prescribed fire to maintain the landscape we all cherish and enjoy, especially during hunting season. He shared that Tall Timbers’ Fire Science programs are leading the way with their ground-breaking research on fire and its impacts on our environment.
Tall Timbers is a beneficiary of the proceeds from the Game Fair. We are truly grateful to Kevin’s for their generosity and the opportunity to participate in the event—looking forward to next year!