IN THIS ISSUE...
- Tall Timbers Needs Your Membership
- Bahia Grass Control Project
- Thirty-fifth Anniversary Census of the Wade Tract
- Pebble Hill Fire Plots Census
- Tall Timbers History Makes a Great Gift
- Chick Survival and Late Quail Hatch
- Red Hills Awareness Initiative
Vol 6 | No 3 | December 2013
The History of Tall Timbers Makes a Great Gift
Published at the end of last year, The Legacy of a Red Hills Hunting Plantation: Tall Timbers Research Station & Land Conservancy by Robert L. Crawford and William R. Brueckheimer traces the evolution of Tall Timbers benefactor Henry Beadel from sportsman and naturalist to conservationist. Complemented by a wealth of previously unpublished, rare vintage photographs, it follows the transformation of the plantation into what its founders envisioned — a long-term research station, independent of government or academic funding and control. The book can be ordered from Tall Timbers.