IN THIS ISSUE...
- December 1 is #GivingTuesday
- 18th Annual Kate Ireland Memorial Dinner & Auction
- Technology & Grasshoppers Combine for a New Study
- Ecosystem Ground Cover Restoration Workshop
- New Exhibit Opens at Webster Art Gallery
- Exploring the Red Hills Region
- Regional Game Bird Biologist Joins Tall Timbers
- Reestablishing Longleaf Pine
- Tall Timbers Dendrochronology Lab
- Good Crop of Beggarweed…Good Crop of Quail
Fall 2015 | Vol 8 | No 4
Exploring the Red Hills Region
The partners of the Red Hills Initiative contribute articles for the twice monthly column, “Exploring the Red Hills” published in the Tallahassee Democrat. Authors share stories celebrating the cultural, historical, and ecological wonders of the Red Hills. Find more blogs and videos at Red Hills Region.
Cyclists riding the Ochlockonee Bay Trail. Photo by Doug Alderson
At the 2015 Continental Field Trials held at Dixie Plantation, a pointer and his handler ready to chase quail. Photo by Rose Rodriguez
Kayaker pointing out alligator tracks, Ochlockonee River. Photo by Rick Zelznak
Red Hills conservation field trip on Wacissa River at sunset. Photo by Doug Alderson
Jones Family Tenant House. Photo by Christine Ambrose
Do you have a favorite Red Hills place to explore? You can share your photos on our Facebook page #redhillsregion.
To sign up for the Red Hills Happenings, a regional activity newsletter, visit www.redhillsregion.org.